Saturday, August 23, 2014

Just a dream and the wind to carry me, soon I will be free.

Can you tell we went sailing yesterday?  One of our friends from work and his wife have a big Hobie, so we all went out for the day.  It was a lot of fun, but I might have gotten a little sun...

Anyway, this week I'm gearing up to go to a friends baby shower.  I'm fairly certain the friend who's shower it is doesn't read this, but just in case, Jenda, should you be reading this, here is your spoiler alert.

I debated for days on what to get her, and I decided to try to be crafty about it:
 I saw a 'quick change' project on Pinterest and knew I had to make it.  The idea is that you make a bunch of drawstring bags, and inside each one your put a diaper, some hand sanitizer, and some wipes so that mom can throw a quick change bag in her diaper bag and have a quick way to change the baby.  The only problem is, I can't really sew...  Ronnie is really handy with the sewing machine though, so he did most of the work for me.  I used this tutorial here.

I wanted to put numbers on each bag, so she would know when she gets to the last bag, it is time for her to refill them, but the shower is tomorrow and I still haven't gotten around to it.

I also knit her a little sweater.  It's really cute, but the way the sleeves were finished was kind of annoying.  I hope it fits...

Our fourth wedding anniversary was on Thursday.  We celebrated by going to the Melting Pot.  It was delicious as always.  I didn't really have much to wear, so we went out to Target to get my first maternity clothes purchase (unless you count my uniform, which I don't because that thing is an atrocity). 
15weeks
The dress is really cute, but I feel like it makes me look super pregnant. haha!

Nothing else is really new this week.  I've been feeling pretty good, aside from being a little tired.  My next appointment isn't until the 8th, so there is still a little time before that. 

1 comment:

  1. Sara you look beautiful, your glowing!! Love the sweater too it's super cute!
    Jessica (your cousin)

    ReplyDelete