Thursday, November 4, 2010

Cassie Maddox


Pattern : Ishbel by Ysolda Teague

Yarn: Wolle's Yarn Creations, Color Changing Cotton 100gr in the color 'tealish purple'

Needle Size: 4

Dates: October 28th - November 3rd 2010

My Project Name: I've been completely enthralled by Tana French's Irish detective novels this month and I'm particularly in love with the character Cassie. I listened to 'The Likeness' in it's entirety while knitting this up.

Modifications: My original plan was to knit the larger size of this shawl on smaller needles so that all I could use up all of this pretty yarn. I thought I was going to be alright, but it became pretty evident that I was going to run out of yarn while I was knitting section D. I ended up omitting rows 7 & 8, and then pretty much so did the yarn overs where I knew they were supposed to be for the one row of chart E.

New techniques learned: None.

Notes: Starting my Christmas knitting a little late. This one is for Sarah. She's allergic to wool so I was on the look out for something cotton. This color reminded me of a shirt she has, but after I finished knitting this up I'm a little worried about the pink. It's not her most favorite color, which I of course forgot about because it's one of my favorites. I hope she likes it anyway.

I stumbled on this yarn on etsy. I picked up this color and one more in the color in 'Carrot cake.' The yarn took me a little while to get used to. It's a 4-ply, but the strands aren't twisted together. It didn't cause me any problems while knitting but I really had to watch what I was doing to make sure I wasn't knitting into separate strands and making a big ole mess of my lace. The strands actually ended up being a god send in the end when I was running out of yarn. When I did my bind-off I pulled 2 strands apart and tied them to the end of the other 2 pieces to make myself a longer piece.

More Pictures:

No comments:

Post a Comment