Sunday, November 28, 2010

Lights Before Christmas and Warm Woolies

I missed out on making a Thanksgiving post, so I hope everyone had a wonderful one. I didn't actually bake anything this year, Ronnie and I went to my parents and enjoyed everything they made over there. Yummy!

On Friday my mom, Kevin, Kevin's girlfriend Emily, Aunti Kay, and Sarah and I all made our way up to the Toledo Zoo to see the Lights Before Christmas. Although it didn't snow, it was pretty cold. The temperature was in the low 30's, but with the windchill it felt like it was around 15 degrees. I invested in a pair of super warm snow boots this year that make me look like I'm walking on the moon. I also covered myself from head to toe in my knitting.

there is a reason I look like a marshmellow

I wore my ear flap hat (made from Patons Wool) , my squish scarf (made from Misti Alpaca Super Chunky) , a tee-shirt over a thermals with my Oh Stewardess cardigan (made from Shepherds Fiber Mill Shepherds Wool) over that, all under my jacket. I wore my cabled mitts (in Patons Wool) over a pair of regular ole gloves (I ended up shoving the mittens inside of my coat because I was just too warm), jeans with my thermal leggings annnnd my In The Woods slipper socks (made from Patons Wool) inside of my boots with their super warm booties. All links go to items on my Ravelry profile. :)

I usually despise doing these kinds of winter things because I hate feeling cold, but I have to say with all of my woolies I was INCREDIBLY warm. I kept taking items off if we would step inside a building because I was getting too hot. All this stuff should come in handy next month when we do Christmas at Greenfield Village. Let's just hope it doesn't sleet this year.

just for fun, here is a picture of my brother on a metal gorilla. mom you're embarrassing me! ha!

I've been hard at work on my knitting. I've got about 90% of one of the Ringwood gloves done for my moms Christmas present. I took a break from the Percy Shawl I'm knitting because I need another cake of yarn, and I think I will order a few more with it. Decisions, decisions.

I've read A LOT this month. I probably won't be writing any reviews, but I will do a round up of what I've read at the very end of the month. I'm going to try to squeeze one more book in before I do. Thank heavens for audio books. Knitting and listening to a book is pure heaven.

No comments:

Post a Comment