Friday, November 19, 2010

Rich and Creamy Potato Casserole Recipe

If there is 2 things that I love, it's cheese and potatoes. Put the two of them together and I'm in heaven. My mom e-mailed me this recipe yesterday and I went out early today to get the ingredients to try it out. They are easy and absolutely DELICIOUS!

Rich and Creamy Potato Casserole
6 medium potatoes
2 cups sour cream
2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
3 green onions
4 tablespoons melted butter
1 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper

Place potatoes in a large saucepan and cover with water, bring to a boil, reduce heat and cover and cook for additional 15-20 until tender. Drain and cool.

Peel & grate potatoes; place in a bowl. Add the sour cream, cheddar cheese, 3 tbsp of butter, onions, salt & pepper.

Transfer to a greased baking dish. Drizzle remaining butter (1 tbsp). Bake uncovered at 350degrees for 30-35 minutes.



I cut this recipe in half since I was only cooking for myself and Ronnie. I picked up 4 potatoes from the grocery store, but 3 was plenty. I've never boiled potatoes in their skins so this was a first for me. From now on if I ever need to boil potatoes I'm going to do it this way. It makes peeling them so easy, I could peel the skin off with my fingers. I didn't use the onion in mine since we aren't big fans of them. My mom made hers with a sweet onion. Next time I make this, I will cut the potato cubes a little smaller because they were a little awkward for me to eat in one bite. So Yummy!

Boiled potatoes cooling off

All of the ingredients ready for the oven.

Anxiously awaiting them to cool so I can eat them up!

No comments:

Post a Comment