Thursday, November 18, 2010

Happy birthday Mumsie

Today is my moms birthday, but we celebrated yesterday. I decided I wanted to bake her something but since I was in a bit of a rush, I didn't go complicated. I ended up making her some Duncan Hines cupcakes straight from the box. I made these for Ronnie when we first started dating and they were such a big hit with him that I decided to make them for my mom this year. I have to admit I'm a sucker for these cake mix boxes because they're so easy to make. This mix has a separate fudge packet (which looks like instant hot chocolate) that you mix with the vanilla cupcake ingredients. It's given me an idea for some of the ghirardelli hot chocolate mix I have laying around. I have so many things on my 'to bake' list, but this is certainly something I'd like to experiment with.

Speaking of my 'to bake list', my mom gave me 2 recipes that I can't wait to try out here. Her famous banana bread, and some cheesy potatoes. Yum, I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment