Tuesday, December 21, 2010

I have heard the singing of real birds


Pattern: Malabrigo Loafers by Julie Weisenberger

Yarn:
Patons Classic Wool Merino in Grey Mix and Wisteria for the sole

Needle Size: 7

Dates: December 19th - December 20th

My Project Name: Named after a lyric the Magnetic Fields song 'Better Things'


Modifications: I slipped the first stitch of every row on the sole to make picking up stitches for the actual slipper easier. This worked like a charm.

Also, it's not a very big mod, but I crocheted the loops on the back a little longer because my mom felts these things like crazy. She says it gives her a custom fit.

New techniques learned: None.

Notes: My mom LOVES these slippers. This will be the 3rd pair of these that I've made for her. I wasn't actually going to make her another pair but when I was over there a few days ago, I noticed that she was still wearing a pair I made her in 2007. There was big black spots all over the bottom where she had sewn up holes. I think it's time for a new pair! I've made her 2 other slippers from different patterns since, but these are clearly her favorite.

I probably could have knit these in a day, but I ran out of the wisteria color for the sole and had to go out the next night to grab another skein. I picked up 2 black skeins to (hopefully) make my dad a quick pair. I just have to finish this hat for my little brother Kevin.


More Pictures:



No comments:

Post a Comment