Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Monthly Reading Roundup - November


Faithful Place - Tana French (Finished November 7th)


Silent in the Grave - Deanna Raybourn (Finished November 9th)


Innocent Traitor A Novel of Lady Jane Grey - Alison Weir (Finished November 11th)


Silent in the Sanctuary - Deanna Raybourn (Finished November 13th)


Silent on the Moor - Deanna Raybourn (Finished November 18th)


Bonk The Curious Coupling of Science and Sex - Mary Roach (Finished November 21th)


Dark Road to Darjeeling - Deanna Raybourn (Finished November 22nd)


The Gargoyle - Andrew Davidson (Finished November 25th)


Nightstar - Alyson Noel (Finished November 28th)


Crank - Ellen Hopkins (Finished November 28th)


Books Finished: 10 (! Phew!)
2010 book total: 122! This year is going to set the bar HIGH for me!
Favorite This Month: The Gargoyle is one of my favorite books and as soon as I finished reading it I wanted to re-read it immediately, but if I had to pick a new read, I would pick Bonk. I've found every book I've read by Mary Roach to be very informative and hilarious at the same time.
Least Favorite This Month: Nightstar. I really liked the first book, but as the series progresses I keep asking myself why I'm still reading it. Ever drives me nuts and I'm so over her relationship with Damen. I was hoping something would happen with Roman, because he was one of my favorite characters but I was really let down. I'm not sure if I'll read the next book. Haven was a favorite of mine too, and I think if I read the next book it will make me angrier than this book.
Other: I stumbled on Deanna Raybourn's Lady Julia Grey series this month and as you can see I really dug into it. I read all 4 books in November. While I can't say the series will be on a list of my favorite books of all time, I can say that Lady Julia is a really fun character and the series is a nice blend of mystery and romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment