Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Pinwheel, Pinwheel Spinning Around


Pattern: Pinwheel Sweater by Shelley Mackie

Yarn: Bernat Mosaic in Psychedelic. I've read a few bad reviews about the yarn, but I thought it was great to work with. I didn't encounter any breakage problems and my hair doesn't stick to it as bad as it does with Noro. Plus, Christina can throw it in the washer and it I only paid about $10 for the 2 skeins it took to make this sweater.

Needle Size: 7 for the body and 5 for the collar area and the edging. I misread the needles sizes in the pattern. Oops.

Dates: December 4th - December 8th

My Project Name: Named this after the old Nickelodeon show 'Pinwheel." I sing the theme song to myself every time I see a pinwheel so naturally it was the first thing I thought of when I saw this pattern.

Modifications: I increased the body up to 20 stitches before the sleeves, which is a good thing since I used the wrong needles sizes. I also did the 'afterthought heel' method for the sleeves instead of the provisional cast on.


New techniques learned: I learned how to do the afterthought heel for this. I have to admit I was still a little confused about it after reading the tutorial above. I didn't realize that after I knit with the scrap yarn that I should put it back on the left needle and knit again with the working yarn. After I got it all figured out, it worked GREAT!

Notes: This knit up super fast so I'm thinking about knitting one of these for Janalynn instead of the Nonstop top.


More Pictures:




No comments:

Post a Comment